About Me/Contact

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Need a Nap

The summer of 2011 will forever be remembered as the summer that kicked my tail.


And it's only June 4th.


Let's see here... We have scoured and purged {and I do mean purged} all of the kids rooms and bathrooms.  Two enormous trash bags {including one set of false gold teeth} later, we are organized and tidy!!  The gold teeth belong to my seven year old who thinks false teeth are the bomb!  The nastier looking the better.  He particularly likes to wear them to the dentist for a cleaning appointment and shock the daylights out of the receptionist.  He's hilarious like that.

I drew the line at gold teeth.  Just not the image I want our family identified with.  Now the 'hillbilly' looking ones...... 

  But I digress.

We have been to the pool no less than three times and the grocery store no less than six times.  We have had friends over and been to the library.  We have taken a long weekend at the ranch {more on that soon}, and we have wandered on the creek for hours with cousins.  We have had doctors appointments and haircuts and shopped for summer sandals.  Lawns have been mowed, the pup has been bathed and eight loads of laundry have been done.  Yes, that's right, eight.  And that is just for this week.  To top it all off, we just finished Westernaires where we spent the afternoon practicing for an ALL DAY horse equitation competition tomorrow.


Have mercy.


And to make matters worse, I haven't seen my man in what feels like days thanks to people ordering their beef for grilling season.  I'm not complaining about business - heaven's no.  But I do miss that man of mine.  I think it's high time for a date night, don't you??


Anyway, all this to say that I will get back to posting something of depth and significance as soon as I have time to complete a thought.  That is assuming you believe I have any posts of depth or significance already.  And that my friends, is assuming a lot.

All I know is that it certainly won't happen before I take a nap.

Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. OMG sister I got tired just reading all you have accomplished in such a short time!! Didn't the kids just get out of school? Keep up the good work on your blog, I am blessed by what you write, well, maybe not the cleaning part..lol!

    I think it's nap time....God bless!!

    ReplyDelete