About Me/Contact

Friday, March 23, 2012

October Baby

Ok - I'm dying to see this movie. 
 In all likelihood I won't get to it
 until it hits the discount theater
 or video but
 it
 looks
 GOOD.

Coincidentally,
I just finished up a three - part series of Amish
fiction books where the theme was forgiveness.
It was awesome.
Read all three books in less than two weeks.

Do you struggle with forgiveness?
Are you a once - bitten - twice - shy kind of girl?
I get that. 
 My man is one who struggles to forgive.
I can too.
He's not stubborn, but he is so deeply loyal
that a person usually only gets
 one 
chance.
I struggle too. 
We've had two issues this year that have involved
two of my kids.
When you mess with my kids, you mess with me.
I know, I'm working on it.

Here is what I know of forgiveness.
The Bible commands it.
70x7.
Extending forgiveness doesn't mean that everything it hunky - dory.
It doesn't mean that the other person gets of scott - free.

What it does mean is that our God is big enough to redeem anything that happens to us.
If we let Him, we can begin to let go
of the awful, the hurtful, 
the unthinkable, 
and begin to heal.

So what do you say?
Willing to give it a try?

If you get a chance this weekend
go see October Baby.

And let me know how it is!


Blessings,
{K}




1 comment:

  1. Crouching on Pascha, this post really speaks to me. Forgiveness? I want it, but do I give it? That's my Lenten prayer this year, to worry more about what I've done than about who has done what to me...convinced only God can do that, so waiting, watching, for that. Thanks for this, Kim.

    ps. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete