About Me/Contact

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wisdom At It's Finest




I came across a quote the other day that I just loved...


"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."
- Robert Louis Stevenson

I think it applies to motherhood so well.
{And to a life of faith, for that matter.}

Often times I find myself frustrated
 by the lack of fruit - bearing I see
in my children.

I want immediate results for the teaching I've poured into them.
I want spiritual and emotional maturity,
 {like yesterday for
heaven's sake!}
I want to know that what I have said,
has been buried deep
in their hearts.
I want them to make wise choices 
and thoughtful decisions.

But children aren't like that.
Much like seeds, they require time.
A lot of time.
Usually more time than I want to wait, 
you can be certain of that.

 Like seeds, they require patience and gentle nurturing
and daily tending.
  A little sweet talk doesn't hurt either. 

My job as a mom is to be a seed planter.
One who digs deep into fertile soil
and tends and fusses over it, 
nurturing daily with love and patience.

I need to realize that if I want a harvest,
A little rain must fall.
And a little sun must shine.
And I might even need a bit of dirt under my nails.
And most of all, I need to remember that
each flower blooms
in it's own time.

Blessings to you as you tend
to your seedlings today!

{K}

No comments:

Post a Comment