About Me/Contact

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Book Review

We are big readers around here.  Nothing beats curling up in a cozy spot and embarking on a great adventure.  The best part is that it costs absolutely nothing and your imagination leads the way!

We like to read books as a family, usually having a book in the kitchen, nearby to grab if we have a free couple of minutes.  I pick a variety of topics or themes and a variety of levels.  I am always amazed at how everyone will drop what they are doing to come and join in the book reading - they love to be read aloud to!  And regardless of age, whether they are an advanced reader or a beginner, they benefit from being read aloud to.

We finished a book last week that I give high marks to.  It is called Young Claus - The Legend of the Boy Who Became Santa.

 


As you can see from the cover, a great adventure awaits all readers, young and old.  I won't give away too much information here, but trust me, you'll love it.  The author is Christian and has a great gift for story telling.  I know the whole 'Santa vs. Jesus' thing can be controversial in Christian homes, but here in our home we celebrate Santa AND my children have a clear understanding of why we celebrate and who the season is really for.  

We just cracked the cover of another Christmas book for a bit older readers.  We are only a few pages into it so we'll see how it goes.... I'll let you know.  It is a story about a woman who was just released from prison and her struggles to get her life back on track.  From what the book jacket says it is a "story of redemption and bound to be a new holiday tradition."  The book is called Christmas at Harrington's.  I'll let you know how it is when we finish!







Blessings,
{K}

No comments:

Post a Comment