About Me/Contact

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thinking About a New Year









Do you 'do' New Year's resolutions?  How about goals?

While I would love to say that I'm a girl who is decisive and focused and always has resolutions and somehow manages to keep them, I'm not.  Very often my resolutions contain something about working out more often and eating healthier and by January 5th I've blown it and have found a way to justify not really needing to do those things.  So I move forward in the new year feeling ok about myself and my lack of stick-to-it-ivness. 

This year is going to be different.  {I said that last year too!}

It is this time of year that I find myself precisely suspended between reflections and dreams.  While looking back over the year and reminiscing can be fun, I usually am filled with disappointment in myself.  I wish I had done better, or focused on this one thing more, or been more patient with my kids or judged people less or stuck closer to our budget. The list goes on and on.  I find that looking ahead is more fun... the possibilities are endless and hope is so prevalent.  Like anything is possible and surely it will all be good, right?  This is the year it's all going to come together.  Sound familiar?

Truth is, only God knows what this particular year has in store for us.  He alone sees how the path will wind, and climb, and fall, and rise again.  We don't have control over the future as we glance ahead to 2012.  But make no mistake, He does.  And we, His lavishly loved daughters, can indeed prepare to live what He thoughtfully brings us.

"You crown the year with Your good blessings,
and leave abundance in Your wake." {Psalm 65:11}

That was the first verse I memorized in 2011, and I find myself reciting it again this morning.  "...you leave abundance in Your wake".  Oh, how I want to be smack dab in the center of that wake!!  To follow Him so closely that I bob and sway within His sweet waves of blessing - Oh, let it be so!!

I'm already pondering on my word for 2012,  the one word I will focus on and be purposeful about in the new year.  You can be sure it is found in the Word.  How about you?  Do you have any resolutions/goals for 2012? Any specific 'word of the year' to guide/ focus you?  Give me a shout, I'd love to hear them and why you chose them.

Happy 2012 everyone!!
  I pray nothing but the best for you
and the grace of God
to handle anything less, 
should that come your way.

Blessings,

{K}

No comments:

Post a Comment