About Me/Contact

Monday, April 30, 2012

Here's One for the Recipe Book

It never fails.

I always need a little sweet something to follow up my lunch or dinner.  Ok, more like lunch & dinner.

You know that feeling you get after finishing a meal and you just need a little something?  Or a big something and you start rummaging through the cupboards to find something... anything you or the kids may have stashed away.  Eater candy, Halloween candy even??

Clearly my sweet tooth rules my life at times, but after having lost 20 pounds and completely changing my diet, I didn't want to fall back into the same - old, same - old, to satisfy my craving for sweets.

My sister-in-law, and fellow foodie, passed this recipe to me.  Are you ready??


Chocolate pudding!! {healthy style}


I made this batch to serve one, but feel free to double or triple it for a larger batch.

Ingredients:
One ripe banana {I mean really ripe.  This is where some of your sweetness comes from}
One ripe avocado
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
2-3 tsp. cocoa powder
agave nectar, to taste {you can also use honey, cane sugar juice, etc.}


Chop banana and avocado and put in a food processor.  A food processor is the best equipment for this, as a blender would just make a giant mess.

Add vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon and sweetener.  Pulse until you have the consistency of, well, pudding.

VOILA!!  There you have it.  Super easy, super good, super healthy and it shuts that sweet tooth down like nobody's business!



Y'all would love this recipe, but I think toddlers might especially enjoy it.  Get it into them before you feed them the other pudding and they just might like it even more.  All my kids liked it but you could probably guess that my teenager had a lovely comment that referenced baby diapers.

Nice.

 Oh, those boys!

Let me know if you try it - I'd love to hear your feedback!

Blessings,
{K}

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, I will pass this on to my friend Cheryl who loves the healthy stuff made from the "strange" combinations.
    Who would have guessed?? LOL!

    Congrats on losing weight. I am working on that myself & walking, it feels good.

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    Hugs.............ml

    ReplyDelete