About Me/Contact

Monday, October 17, 2011

Coffee and Such


Good Monday morning y'all!

 I sure wish we could all meet for coffee today.

There is so much on my mind that I would love to chat over with you.

Like how the protestors on Wall Street would be much better served by putting down their signs and going back to work and doing something with their brains to make their lives better.  Or how about just getting over all the complaining and feelings of entitlement in general??  Life is not fair.  Never has been, never will be.  What I do know for sure is that no one ever made their lives better by parking their fanny in the middle of the street and refusing to move.  Far as I know, all that gets you is an arrest record.

Or we could chat about how a lesbian couple in California is giving their SON hormone blockers to delay puberty so that HE might decide which gender HE might like to be, down the road.  By the way, this BOY is 11.  Seems like that decision was made at birth by Someone who knows far better than we do.  Shame on the physician allowing this to happen.

Or we could chat about how this weekend went waaaay too fast and I can't believe that it is already Monday and ohmygoodness what am I going to make for dinner??  And the age old question: to bleach or not to bleach?  Use a color safe bleach or just spot treat?  Oh my word!  The laundry choices are endless.  For heaven's sake, what did our ancestors do??

This is life changing, riveting stuff, people.

Instead of all that, how about I leave you with a recipe for a little cup of homemade goodness, a.k.a. the Pumpkin Spice latte.  I bet it is cheaper to make this at home than fork over loads of cash at fourbucks Starbucks.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
{yummy, yummy}



 3 cups hot whole milk
4 tsp. white sugar
2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
6 ozs. double-strength brewed coffee
sweetened whipped cream
*optional - autumn sprinkles or nutmeg

In saucepan
combine milk, pumpkin,
and sugar.

Cook over medium heat,stirring,until steaming.
Remove from heat,
stir in vanilla and spices.

Transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds.

Top with whipped cream
and sprinkles or nutmeg
and
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY!! What is this world coming too? As christian's, we know that it will continue to get worse, but we also know who is in control. Such a peace that gives me.

    Sounds like a great recipe & that is the only thing I like at Starbucks & can you believe it, I haven't gotten one yet. Better hurry!!! It will be Christmas soon!!

    Your grandma went home yesterday & a little piece of me is missing today. After 2 weeks I enjoyed having my mama here. We had a great time & I think she went home winning a few "skits"! It was nice to see your folks yesterday, we met in Vail & they took her to Greeley. Only got to talk a few minutes.

    The colors were beautiful & I truly believe God out did himself this year!!

    Okay, enough already. Thanks for your thoughts & the recipe.

    Love............Auntie ml

    ReplyDelete