About Me/Contact

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What is Gratitude?


I know I said I would be back on the subject of kids and gratitude and I'll get there..... next post.  You see, I realized that my little series here is a bit out of order {that's what you get when you don't have time to plan!}  Seems I should have started with this  subject of gratitude and discussing what it truly is... but you all are smart nd I'm sure you have figured it out, so I'll give you just a few thoughts of mine.

What is gratitude?

*Gratitude is a perception, a way of looking at things.

*Gratitude is a choice.

*Gratitude begins in the heart.

*It is a lifetime spent learning and acquiring this gift of gratitude.

*Gratitude is formed once you realize what you have been given, who you are, and from whom all   blessings flow.

*Gratitude draws us closer to God.

By listing {mentally or in written form} the gifts that God in His infinite grace has poured over us, we expand to receive.  Because the more He pours, the more we expand to receive.  And the more we expand to receive, the more He can pour.  And I like to be poured in to!

 

Blessings,
{K}

No comments:

Post a Comment